International Tax and VAT – Sweden
International Tax and VAT – Sweden. In international transactions, it is essential to avoid unnecessary taxation, double taxation and to be able to file correct tax returns and pay correct VAT. We offer advice not only within matters relating to international tax, tax treaties and Swedish tax but also on VAT matters.
Because we have over 20 years of experience we can guide you through tax and VAT matters in Sweden within an international context. We can also give advice on the Swedish implications of the Basic Erosion Profit Shifting (BEPS) – project and the implications of the Multi Lateral Instrument (MLI). Also we can advice give on the Sweden cfc-rules and furthermore the Swedish tax and VAT rules related to a permanent or fixed establishment in Sweden.
Since we are specialised on tax and VAT matters related to Real Estate, we are a valuable partner to Real Estate owners and developers.
Since we are the Swedish representative of the international tax consultancy association AITC, we can assist you not only with Swedish tax matters but also with most of your international tax needs.
We can offer advice on
- How to avoid international double taxation, and
- How to interpret Tax treaties and Multi-Lateral Instrument (MLI) and
- Guidance in matters regarding MLI and Sweden cfc-rules.
- If there is a Fixed or permanent establishment in Sweden and
- How to get a Credit of tax paid in Sweden.
- International tax planning connected with intra-group transactions.
- Questions related to Tax and social security for your staff when establishing your company in Sweden or when your staff is going for an assignment abroad,
- and assistance with your company’s legal representation in Sweden.
- VAT matters in international business.
- The Interpretation of IFRS and other accounting standards.
- The possible implications of OECD:s Base Erosion Profit Shifting (BEPS) project and EU:s anti-tax avoidance projects (ATAP) and Directives (ATAD) and also
- Country-by-country reporting matters.
- Questions related to the establishment of your company in Sweden and abroad. For example should you establish a company or a branch?
Tax Partner Stensvik & Partners
20 years of experience within tax and VAT
Leonie Selting has been working with most matters that can arise when running a Swedish Company within an International context, that is questions regarding income tax, property tax, VAT and social security charges.
She has has concentrated on tax questions related to real estate, intragroup transactions, selling and buying line of business, and it includes all sorts of current tax matters in connection to purchasing companies and tax planning to achieve correct and as low taxation of the Company and the Company group as possible.
- Stensvik & Partners, Tax Partner 2020 –
- Wollsén Albinsson Advokatbyrå, Tax Partner 2019
- Advokatbyrån Selting Tax Law, Founder, 2008-2018
- Andersson & Öberg Advokatbyrå, Tax Partner 2005-2008
- PwC, Tax advisor 2001-2005
- Skogssällskapets förvaltning, Bookkeeping & Accounting, tax advisor, 2001
- Swedish Tax Office, Tax Official 1997-2000
- Stockholm University, L.L.M. , “jur. kand.” 1997
- Stockholm University, Business Economics, ”Företagsekonomi grundutbildning”, 2000
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology, studies in writing code; programming Python
- IFA, International Fiscal Association
Contact Tax Partner Leonie Selting
Phone: +46 70 249 01 00